Need some help or advice?
0800 0588 166
Track your order

What is a Self-Cover?

21st August 2012

This is just a quick little article to explain yet another bit of printer jargon. But read carefully because it’s these little terms that can make all the difference!


What is a self-cover?

Self-covers come into play when dealing with magazine, booklet or brochure orders.  Quite simply, it refers to the outside cover of these products. If the cover is the same paper stock as the inner pages then it is known in the printing world as a self-cover.


To help explain further, lets look at the alternative- the separate cover. This is a common print feature where the outside cover is printed on different, often thicker or glossier stock. Think about the magazines you see around. It can add a more luxurious feel but can also cost a fair bit more. is proud to offer both self- and separate covers in our product lists helping you, the customer, get exactly what you want out of your print budget.


See our great range of booklets here.






We offer a range of different paper stocks for our brochures. We run through all of them here


PRINT OFFER: Get 25% off your print order when you advertise us on your website. This page gives you more information


Booklets, brochures and magazines: why not read up on how they vary and which one might be right for you


Booklets vs. Folded Leaflets: which one is right for you?


Confused by which paperweight to go with for your printed materials? This article explains what GSM is and helps you decide which one might be right for you


Confused by the print industry? You’re not alone. We put together a glossary of terms to help you break down the print jargon